Ramblings of a L.S.D

The Little Sarcastic Dame( L.S.D),welcomes you to her blog which can be described by too many adjectives.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Sugar coated diabetic apologies dear tsunami

Dear tsunami I really like your name, it has nice ring to it. But nonetheless you are scary, just look at what you did to the manga loving- sushi eating Japs last year who named you in the first place (OMG such ungratefulness darling) and not to forget the 2004 performance in South Asia. Like I said before (in a post) you are just like a spurned psycho lover


The doomsday prophet in a big yellow taxi (samsung mobile phone pic)
The temptress
With your non-appearance yesterday, you must have disappointed quite a lot of doomsday prophets. As luck would have it I met one such prophet right after the 4.13 pm tremors yesterday. He was a taxi driver. You see the demented me suddenly had the urge to savour the succulent steak at Oly Pub in the face of impending destruction of the world by you and your earthquake cousins. So, from my place I took a taxi to go to that steak heaven, as the metro services were on hold because of your cousins. The man behind the wheel happened to be a very friendly fellow, he went on doing the blah blah blah. He said, “ 2012 will be the end of the world,it may be today”, “they said that Bardhaman district is facing tidal waves at present,a  lot of destruction”, “even the Ganga will see a tsunami as it touches the Bay of Bengal,Kolkata will be destroyed”…..and this went on. I made the mistake of questioning the fact that the Ganga will eat up the city, oh man it was a mistake and I tell you never question a taxi driver, he will defeat every logic that you give. He answered, “ You can say that because we have Maa Kali at Kalighat, but that is only for the South of Kolkata,what about the rest,what about Dum Dum? I was speechless( I mean it) and thus couldn’t pursue my case even if I wanted to. Dear tsunami I hope you realise the effect you have on mere mortals.
Coming back to yesterday,I did have a steak with my friends and we discussed everything apart from you. Believe me my darling, you must try that steak, it will make you mellower and perhaps you will abandon your plans of destroying this world.  The nutty scientists out there may crucify me with own laws of heresy ( you see these poor chaps like Copernicus suffered a lot because of the conservative religious order in early modern Europe, so forgive them) for addressing you like this. But I was born with a few screws missing in my head!
 Lastly, I offer my apologies on behalf of mankind for foiling your plans by our will to survive and like James Bond we will die another day.
So, sorry dear tsunami, better luck next time!!

FYI: This blogpost is by a person who loves to watch Life is Beautiful time and again. That explains her optimism.






No comments:

Post a Comment